I'm a Beauty Blogger from Australia, sharing my love for makeup. Some of you may know me as @Skindzmakeup on Instagram.

Thursday 21 April 2016

Review: Rimmel The Only One

A No-Compromise Lipstick.

Hello again beauties! I'm slowly getting through my reviews one at a time. Today's thoughts will be on the Rimmel The Only One range that was released earlier this year. 


Now let's start of by saying that I've tried a fair share of lipsticks. In my collection I have different types of finishes, different brands (high end and drugstore) and products from different countries (Europe, USA, UK, Asia and NZ etc.). Hence, reviewing a new lipstick is sometimes challenging because I have so many lippies to compare it to. I should also highlight that I've been using Rimmel lipsticks for years. Over time, I've seen the brand release new products that just get better each time.

Having said this, when I first saw the Only One range, I thought - how is this going to beat the existing lippies Rimmel already has on the market? Little did I know that these gems would shoot straight to first place in my Rimmel lippie ranking. So let's get to the review.

Rimmel claims:
A no compromise ALL IN ONE lipstick  Long-lasting colour, comfort, moisture and wear• A no compromise all-in-one lipstick that is challenging the lipstick history.• The perfect balance of high impact colour, moisture, all day comfort and staying power• Slanted lipstick bullet for an effortless application


Packaging:
Now to start off - that packaging! By far the most sleek bullet I've seen released from the brand. The shiny black case with the coloured detail is absolutely stunning and looks great in my makeup bag. The slant on the lipstick makes application much easier and more controlled as well.

Texture and pigmentation:
The thing that I love the most about these lipsticks is the pigmentation and moisture. My lips have been quite dry lately so I'm very conscious of formulas that emphasise flakes. The first thing I noticed was how moisturising the product felt. The lipstick made my lips look plump and supple and no flakes were evident. It felt very comfortable on the lips, almost like I had nothing on.

Further - that pigmentation. Woah! One layer and the colour is already so bold on my lips. Another layer and bang. Perfect. To top this off, the colours in the range are so beautiful and there are 12 shades to choose from. So to my fair and darker skintoned friends, there is bound to be a perfect colour for you!

Longevity:
While not ridiculously long lasting, these lippies do hold up for about three to four hours before reapplication is required. Keep in mind that for my typical day, I'm drinking coffee, eating food and constantly talking. While it does a good job on my lips, for those looking for a stay put lippie, this product does transfer.

Scent:
This lipstick doesn't have your typical vanilla smell. Instead, this smells very sweet so if you're sensitive to scent please keep this in mind. To me, the smell is quite nice and not offensive whatsoever.

These lippies are definitely my fav that Rimmel has released. I highly recommend heading to your local Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, Big W, Coles, Safeway or anywhere that sells Rimmel to pick at least one up. For those on a budget - keep in mind when Chemist Warehouse has their 50% off or Priceline has their 40% off sale - they are super affordable.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Love Cindy aka Skindzmakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment